IELTS exam pattern has not changed in the recent years.
IELTS test has two modules: IELTS Academic and IELTS General Training
• IELTS Academic test is for those who want to apply for higher education in universities and other institutions or pursue professional registration such as medical doctors and nurses in an English-speaking country.
• IELTS General Training test is for those who are planning to migrate or apply for secondary education, training programmes and work experience in an English-speaking country.
• Note : There is specific IELTS test for UK visas and immigration ( UKVI) . If you are looking to work , study or live in the UK then you may need to take this test.
Eligibility criteria :
• IELTS is required for students above 16 years of age who want to study in UK, Australia, Canada, US and New Zealand.
• IELTS is required for working professionals who want to work abroad.
• IELTS is required for those planning to emigrate to Canada, Australia or New Zealand.
• For IELTS exam, the minimum education qualification is 10+2.
These criteria make sure that the candidate is prepared to face an environment where English is the language of communication.